Call for Proposals
The Bois Chamblard Foundation fosters research and education supporting the quality and diversity of the natural environment and its preservation, as well the role of humanity as it affects that environment. To support these activities, the Foundation puts at the disposition of researchers and educators the Bois Chamblard site (Route de Chanivaz 19, 1164 Buchillon, Switzerland). The 60,000 m2 site, on the shores of Lake Geneva, is mostly covered by forest. Educational or research projects supported by the Foundation are expected to make use of the Bois Chamblard site.
The Foundation periodically has open calls for scientific and educational research projects that utilize the Bois Chamblard site. We expect the next call to be opened in 2026
Proposals can be submitted by individuals or teams. The lead PI for any project must be based at EPFL, University of Lausanne, University of Geneva, University of Fribourg, University of Neuchâtel, or University of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland. Co-investigators can be located at non-research institutions. The PI’s institution is financially responsible for the project.
This call will accept proposals for research or educational projects. Grants can be up to 3 years duration. Funding is provided for a maximum budget allocation of:
- For projects up to one year’s duration: CHF 75,000 per project
- For projects from one up to three year’s duration: CHF 125,000 per project
- Consumables and supplies
- Small equipment (up to CHF 20,000)
- Analytical costs
- Publications (Open access)
- Logistics costs
- Salaries (PIs, e.g., postdocs, holding fixed-term contracts can seek support for their own salaries, otherwise PI/Co-I salaries are ineligible)
- Travel costs
- Overheads are ineligible costs